Log in

No account? Create an account
Previous Entry Share Next Entry

Poll of the day.

Poll #1506751 MS-Excel

The little boxes in MS-Excel are called "cells". The product is called "exCELL".

- OMG, I didn't see that until you mentioned it.
- Yeah, duh, I noticed that already.
- Um, I still don't get it.

Year born:


I'd rather not say

  • 1
Man, you've been on vacation too long... Time to go back to work. :}

Oh, and I prefer to call it X-hell.

Edited at 2010-01-03 07:21 pm (UTC)

Geeze you are right.

I gotta get back to work.

You need another checkbox. "and?"

To someone who's used Lotus 1-2-3 For DOS, this is obvious. Now get off my lawn!

How about VisiCalc for the Apple II, ya n00b?

Apple II? Here's a nickel, kid, get yourself a real computer.

Girls weren't allowed to touch the (only) Apple ][ at my school; I used VisiCalc on the TRS-80. When I first encountered Excel in 1988 I was completely baffled by it until I realized "oh, hey... this is VisiCalc on steroids!"

I used 1-2-3 and VisiCalc (and a few other pre-Excel spreadsheets, such as the one in AppleWorks), but I missed it anyway.

I suppose if it were actually called what you say it's called, I might have noticed. Actually, it rings a bell. I think I did notice despite the different spelling and didn't find it memorable.

Actually, it's called "Excel". I hadn't seen the link before you mentioned it, but if I had seen it I would have seen the pun of "Excel + cell" -- in other words, "you can be really good at cells" -- rather than "ex + cell".

  • 1